ERP in Tosco (A) ~ (B)
In this case, we introduce basic notions and features about ERP systems. Issues frequently encountered in ERP implementation are illustrated and discussed. Cost over-run is a major source of risk.
ERP in Tosco (A) (B) can be used for both undergraduate and MBA courses on Operations Management. The objectives are:
- To familiarize students with ERP systems. The case explains the basics of ERP operations and provides and understanding of ERP terminology. Equipped with this basic knowledge, students can discuss the advantages and drawbacks of ERP systems.
- To explore ERP initiatives.
- To understand who are the major players in the field of ERP softwares.
- To highlight the implementation steps and issues.
- To discuss the information technology (IT) project escalation issue.